8/27/12

    I went to the Ripley's Believe It Or Not! museum in midtown Manhattan yesterday. You got in free if you brought your dog. So Pony (my dog), Lulu (my kid) and I went primarily to see a skateboarding bulldog perform live.  The museum was a little cheesy but there were a few awesome moments.  I love all taxidermy. I love taxidermy even more when the dead animals are dressed up. I was very happy to find this fancy squirrel upon first entering the space.  The other piece of taxidermy that was fabulous was this albino giraffe.  I love all albino creatures and it was awesome to see such a huge one.


Lastly, I have always been a fan of shrunken heads but strangely never seen one.  My dream became a reality in the room that held about 20 of them at Ripley's. My favorite was the one below that was a child's shrunken head. They had it mounted so you could press a button to spin the head around and see it from all angles. 
   


No comments: